What is DTS ?
The DTS – Training and Discipleship School is an intensive Christian training at the University of the Nations beginning with the theoretical phase of 12 weeks followed by an 8-week practical fieldwork.
The DTS was developed to encourage students to develop personal character, to deepen a living relationship with God, and to identify their unique gifts and callings in God.
The cross-cultural exposition and global consciousness are special emphases during the course that prepares students to reach current and future generations and respond to the call to “go into all the world and disciple all nations” Mt 28:19.
Purpose of the DTS
- GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, hear and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart to the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- INSPIRING and GROWING growth in personal relationship with God resulting in a Christ-like character based on a solid biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit, and the personal application of biblical truth, especially as regards the character of God, the cross, and the enabling grace.
- IMPROVE the ability to relate, learn from and work with people, including those from different cultures, personalities, and perspectives.
- To continuously EQUIP each one to serve the purposes and God both inside and outside the YWAM family of ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor and to influence all areas of society.
- PASS the vision and core values ??of Youth with an International Mission as well as those of the local operating base and provide information regarding the variety of service opportunities.
The DTS Curriculum is directed toward the development of the relationship with God, Christian character and vocational profile of the candidate. O aluno é pessoalmente discipulado por missionários que irão ajudá-lo no crescimento espiritual, na descoberta de talentos e dons para o serviço cristão, tanto na obra missionária, como na vida cristã. Durante a ETED estudaremos os seguintes temas:
I. The Nature and Character of God
II. God’s Intention for Individuals, Peoples, and Creation
Observing Everything in Life by God’s Perspective
III.The Redemption of God: Sin and the Cross
Recognizing Jesus as Lord
IV.The Family of God: His Children and His Church
Becoming More Like Jesus
V.The World of God: His Call and His Commission
Doing the Works of Jesus
VI.YWAM: A Response to God
Knowing God and Making Him Known